Download Maximum Weight Carrying Capacity: Gross Trailer Weight 1000 lbs. Tongue Weight 100 lbs. This hitch is a fixed drawbar style hitch. It does not have a removable receiver. This trailer hitch is designed to fit the following vehicles: 1988-1991 Honda Civic Models: Hatchback, Including CRX & Si.
Curt Trailer Hitches Feature : WeatherTite construction prevents rusting from inside out by sealing the main body of the hitch. Durable EverGloss Powder Coat Finish resists rust and corrosion. Open back end on receiver for easy cleaning. Precision robot welding for superior strength and fit. Attractive, seamless, one-piece collar reduces rust and provides improved strength.
Installation Steps :
1. Temporarily remove the car’s rear bumper by removing one screw from each side of the car; from the inside of the trunk. Then remove the trim panel from the vertical rear wall of the car. Remove one screw from each side of the car form under the car at the bumper bracket.
2. Temporarily lower the muffler unit by releasing one or two flexible hangers.
3. Position the hitch on the car centered and square and shown. Clearance with the rear sway bar on the SI model is minimal but adequate. Note that the car’s tow loop at the rear is to the left of the car’s centerline and the hitch.
4. Using the hitch as a template, mark the rear panel and cross member for all holes. Remove the hitch and centerpunch for all holes. Drill these holes for 3/8″ diameter screws. Holes at the cross member go through two thicknesses into the car. Be careful to remove the floor covering and any other materials inside the care before drilling.
5. Fasten the hitch to the car using fasteners as shown. Note: Use the fender washers inside the car, opposite the hitch.
6. Torque all 3/8″ fasteners to 35 lb-ft.